Sunday, July 13, 2008

Trip #19: Independence, MO to Russellville, AR


View Larger Map

I really wanted to make it to Kansas City, Missouri last night but I ran out of hours and had to stop an hour short at Cameron, Missouri. The fuel plan zapped to me by HQ had me fueling at the Flying J in KC at $4.41 a gallon, which isn't bad with a 57 cent FSC. Unfortunately, that night the price rose to $4.60 a gallon which made the cheapest fueling stop along my next run at Joplin, Missouri for $4.57. Sixteen cents per gallon more for the same fuel one day later. Ouch.

Anyway, got up early, dropped the trailer off at our yard, bobtailed over to the underground facility in Independence, Missouri I've been to before and hooked up to a loaded trailer that was waiting in the above ground storage yard. It was an average weight load of 27,000 lbs which for my truck is pretty light. Plus, it was just boxes so the reefer wasn't on and I didn't have to worry about any of that.

Being Sunday the traffic was light and I got down the road without delay. Got some shopping taken care of to fill my pantry and fridge, fueled up in Joplin and drove the rest of the way down to Russellville, Arkansas to drop off the trailer and pick up an empty. There were no empties where I dropped, but I've been here a number of times before and I know a different consignee about a half mile down the road that always seems to have empties. Coincidentally, I dropped off trailer 95010 and picked up trailer 94010.