Saturday, July 26, 2008

Off to Cali

This morning's drop went off without a hitch, which was kind of surprising considering I got my trailer unloaded very quickly on a Saturday at 0600.

Afterwards I moved off to the west for a half hour or so and pulled in to the T/A at Tonopah, Arizona to get a PM done for my tractor. A PM in the trucking world is like a super oil change for regular cars and includes things like changing a lot of filters, greasing various chassis points, checking coolant levels, etc. I also had them replace one of my gladhands that had got bent at one point and was causing a random air leak on some trailers.

I drove another ninety minutes or so towards California then stopped and got a shower at the Flying J right at the CA-AZ border. Surprisingly, they don't have a TripPak box there so I had to hang on to it a bit longer.


View Larger Map

Ending up around Palm Springs, I'm taking the rest of the weekend off to visit family and friends and catch up on my rest. Come Monday I will be heading off first to North Hollywood then loading up for a 2,000 mile trip through the Rockies to Ottawa, Illinois.