Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Staging for tomorrow morning


View Larger Map

I followed this path today, from Cornersville, Tennessee up through Nashville, then over to Illinois where I spent forever driving at 55 mph. Just for variety I put the hammer down and rolled the old speedometer up to 57 or 58 just to see what that was like.

My truck rolled over 200,000 miles today at almost the same time as the engine hours hit 6,666. Thus, on average, this truck has spent its hours "alive" at an average speed of 33 mph. In other words, a lot of idling.

Tomorrow I have to show up just north of Des Moines, Iowa to get unloaded at 4 AM. I could have driven a bit further today but the welcoming sight of the Iowa 80 truckstop and its 800 parking spaces, and more importantly its DQ restaurant beckoned.

No preplan as of yet. Could this be the first time I get unloaded before I know my next trip?