Monday, March 10, 2008

"DynaMetrics"

As part of our morning duties, we filled out a piece of paper with a series of adjectives ("calm", "dependable", "generous", etc.) and a scale of 1-5 next to them. One side reflecting how we see ourselves, and the other side is our assessment of how others view us. I view tests of this nature, and I've taken a few, as not much more than palmistry and don't lend the resulting evaluation much weight.

Those who know me can easily tell which of these traits my report highlighted are true or likely to be true, and those that are fanciful:

Warm
Amiable
Very Likable
Good Listener
Probably Have a Lot of Friends
Able to Accommodate About Any Justifiable Pace

For those that don't know me well, let's just say that about half of these are in the ballpark and half of them are foul balls. So to speak.

I was provided with a five-page report detailing my various attributes that I will post online at some point for your reading pleasure... if by pleasure you mean something akin to ripping your own fingernails out.