Monday, August 18, 2008

The Dank Dungeon of Despair

I feared the destination for my load of chocolate was an underground storage location and I was right. What I did not know at the time was that this location is indeed the fabled Dank Dungeon of Despair.

I've been spelunking in my truck before (here and here) but those locations were light and airy compared to this dark, dank, depressing, debilitating destination.

There were fewer lights in the entire catacomb area compared to the other caves I've been in, and some areas curtained off right next to where I delivered that were very rough and undeveloped. The docks were difficult to back in to and arbitrarily marked.

I arrived to unload around 1030 and didn't get sent down to The Pit until 1500. After an hour I was allowed to leave, which I did gratefully.

I have pics but tonight I'm in the small town of Macon, Missouri where internet access is at a premium so I will keep this brief.


View Larger Map

UPDATE:

Here are the pictures (entire album here):

It started off okay, with a somewhat standard tunnel opening and well-lit entryway...





But as I slowly moved deeper inside the cave, the lights became fewer, and farther apart...



Once I parked in the dank dock area I got to stare at this until I was unloaded: